Candles, Wine, Chocolate & Romance!
Posted on February 07 2012
Few holidays go better with scented candles than Valentine's Day. Candles are synonymous with romance and fragrance can be a big help in "setting the mood". If you're struggling with a creative plan for Valentine's Day next week, we have a solution for you.
Grab your special someone, your secret crush, your BFF, or just a co-worker who doesn't mind an awkward situation and join us for a night of candle pouring and meaningful glances. We are offering this package on Tuesday February 14, Friday February 17, and Saturday February 18 between 5pm and 7pm. The cost is $29/couple, which includes:
- Each person pouring their own custom scented soy candle
- The lights will be off and the stores will be lit only by candlelight to create a romantic ambiance.
- A glass of sparkling wine for each person to enjoy while pouring
- A bite of chocolate to indulge your sweet tooth.
- Free delivery - the candles take about an hour to set up after they are poured, and we will deliver the candles to the restaurant as soon as they are ready. If you are having dinner in the same downtown area as our stores, we will bring your candles right to your table just as your meal is ending. A list of restaurant selections are included below.
1. You don't need a reservation - just show up between 5 and 7pm.
2. Plan on roughly 30 minutes from the time you walk in the door to the time you are leaving for your dinner.
3. You will need to pour the candles between 5 and 7pm to get this package deal. Candles poured after 7pm can get the same pricing, but you won't have your candles delivered and they will need to be picked up the next day. We're open until 8pm, and no candles can be poured after 7:45pm.
Here are some of our favorite restaurant suggestions for an amazing night out, and all of these fall within the delivery area.
Worthington - Worthington Inn, Rivage, J Lui's, House Wine (wine & small bites), Villa Nova, Old Bag of Nails, PK O'Ryans, Connections Cafe, J Alexander's, and J Gilbert's.
Grandview - Z Cucina, Spagio, Trattoria Roma, Vino Vino, Grandview Cafe, Third and Hollywood, Figlio, Aab Indian, Shoku, Matt the Miller's Tavern, and Mazzah.
Powell - Local Roots, Liberty Tavern, Powell Village Winery (wine & small bites), Easy Street, Thai Orchid, Kogen's, Mia Cucina, Vittoria, and Luce.
Short North - An endless list of restaurants and bars - visit shortnorth.org for a full list or call our store at 949-1458 for recommendations.