The Perfect Pairing this Valentine's Day
Posted on January 12 2018
Does just thinking about Valentine's Day get your heart racing? The pressure to plan the perfect night for your sweetheart and give him or her the perfect gift. The gimmicky ads. The inflated pricing (a dozen roses is how much?!). The cheesy cards. If you're riding solo, the constant reminder that Valentine's Day is for lovers. We could go on and on...
But here's the thing. Valentine's Day doesn't have to be stressful! You can knock it out of the park and light the fire (or rekindle it) without causing yourself and your wallet distress. Grab your special someone, your secret crush, your BFF, or just a co-worker who doesn't mind an awkward situation and join us a night of candle pouring and romance. You'll get bonus points for planning something unique and creative, and every time your sweetie lights their candle, they'll think of you!
Because Valentine's Day falls on hump day this year, we'll be offering our special package both the weekend before and the weekend after so you can celebrate whenever you'd like.
Friday & Saturday, February 9-10 and 16-17
Valentine's Day: Wednesday, February 14
4-7 PM all days
Valentine's Day at The Candle Lab includes:
- Each person pouring their own custom scented soy candle in one of our premium 8oz jars - more than 12 options to match your style.
- The lights will be off and the stores will be lit only by candlelight (unscented) to create a romantic ambiance.
- A glass of sparkling wine for each person to enjoy while pouring.
- A couple bites of premium chocolate to indulge your sweet tooth.
- A commemorative
polaroidphoto capturing your magical evening.
- Free delivery to your romantic local dinner spot of choice. The candles take about 90 minutes to cool before they are ready to take home, and once they are ready we will hand-deliver them just as your meal is ending. Perfect!
1. We do not take reservations for these evenings. Simply stop in anytime between 4 - 7 PM.
2. Plan on roughly 30-45 minutes from the time you walk in the door to the time you are leaving for your dinner.
3. Candles poured by 7 PM will be delivered to the restaurant that evening. Because the candles take 90 minutes to set, candles poured after 7 PM should be picked up in-store another day.
Below are suggested restaurants for an amazing night out, all within our delivery area. For specific location information, visit our store page.
Columbus - Grandview: Spagio, The Avenue, Z Cucina, Third & Hollywood, Balboa, Matt the Miller's Tavern, Grandview Cafe, Filigo.
Columbus - Short North: An endless list of restaurants and bars - visit shortnorth.org for a full list. We recommend Forno, The Guild House, Marcella's, The Pearl, and Hubbard Grill, Philco, Bakersfield and The Eagle for convenience and good food and drinks.
Columbus - Worthington: Worthington Inn, House Wine, Whitney House, Natalie's Coal Fired Pizza, Dewey's Pizza, J.
Cincinnati - OTR: Salazar, The Eagle, Krueger's Tavern, Bakersfield, Atavola, The Mercer, Pontiac BBQ, Senate, Kaze, Taste of Belgium, and Abigail Street.
Cincinnati - Anderson Township: Latitudes, LEYLA Mediterranean, Bar Louie, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Goodfellows
Pittsburgh - Lawrenceville: Allegheny Wine Mixer, Industry Public House, the Abbey on Butler, Piccolo Forno, Round Corner Cantina, New Amsterdam