The BIA Parade of Homes x The Candle Lab
Romanelli & Hughes Homes at the 2018 BIA Parade of Homes
For the third year in a row, The Candle Lab is honored to partner with the experts at the BIA Parade of Homes to scent the spaces of two unique homes!
When most people think of interior design, they think of the usual suspects: their favorite HGTV show, the kitchen renovation of their dreams (double ovens, anyone?), or a luxurious sectional to put their feet up after a long day. And while all of these are important aspects of design, there is one element that often gets overlooked: the way a space smells.
Fortunately, the experts at Arthur Rutenberg Homes and Romanelli & Hughes Homes understand just how powerful scent can be as interior design tool. When paired with the visual components of a room, it can enhance the mood and bring together a space. We collaborated with the builders to design a custom fragrance for each of the rooms in their model homes. When touring these gorgeous homes at the 2018 BIA Parade of Homes, you’ll see how the smell of each room complements and elevates the space.
The good news is, if you love the way a particular room smells, you can recreate that custom scent to incorporate it in your own home! Each home has postcards available that list the fragrances blended in each room (also listed below). Stop by any of our seven stores to pour a candle or room spray in your favorite custom scent!
The 2018 BIA Parade of Homes is currently running until September 16. Tickets are just $15 and can be purchased here.
Arthur Rutenberg Homes (pictured above)
- Entry and Office Space: A warm yet clean and green blend of Mahogany, Leather, Summer Lawn, and Absinthe.
- Kitchen / Living Room / Dining Areas: An earthy yet modern blend of Sea Foam, Mahogany, Old Books, and Leather.
- Upstairs “Green” Room: A green, clean, and subtly sweet blend of Wasabi, Agarwood, and Champagne.
- Master Bathroom: A soothing and spa-like blend of Lavender, Magnolia, Mint Leaf, and Bubble Bath.
- Basement / Bar Area: An ode to spirits of all kinds, this blend of Hops and Mahogany is earthy and rich.
Romanelli & Hughes Homes (see top)
- Entry: This unique and earthy blend of Olive Blossom, Bay Leaf, Leather, and Rain is warm let light to complement the space.
- “Pink” Bedroom: A blend of Yuzu, Agave, and Georgia Peach is sweet with hints of citrus.
- Master Bedroom: A bright and clean blend of Eucalyptus and Elderflower.
- Basement: A rich and warm scent with a bit of bright citrus blending Mug & Brush, Absinthe, Grapefruit, and Bergamot.
The Master Bathroom: Arthur Rutenberg Homes (above)
The "Pink" Bedroom: Romanelli & Hughes Homes (below)